Thursday, November 1, 2012

The harlot and the king of misery - part 1

I am a harlot by trade, faithfulness isn't one of my by-words. In order for you to better understand who i am, i will tell you a tale of love, deceit, and the pain. However i will also tell you a tale of redeeming love. My tale begins at my birth;

I was born on a windy day, and my mother didn't want to be saddled with the responsibility of my upbringing, she wrapped me in the shawl off her shoulder, and in my own blood, she dropped me off in a field. As i struggled to live, i am told that he passed by and saw the bundle. He walked into the field, and opened it, i can only imagine his shock at the bloody mess i must have been.  He whispered live, and carried me in his arms, warmed by his body all the way to one of his homes. There i was rubbed with salts, washed, and put in warm clothes. He provided for my every need, and had servants care for me constantly, it was a rough spot for some days, but then the life he had willed into me was all i needed to pull through. In the early years, under his care, i grew and matured, becoming a graceful and elegant young woman. As i filled out, i caught the eye of many, but he hovered protectively over me. He was not always there, but i never lacked, and he visited often to see that i was doing well. He let me know when i came of age, that his desire was for myself and his son to be married, so i would become a part of him forever. I was thrilled at the idea, i knew no other home, and i had been so blessed with love within the protective walls of his home. Before i would become his son's finally however, i wanted a chance to see what was beyond the walls of the home i had always known. I told him so, but he didn't like the idea, saying outside the walls were many dangers, and that anything could happen to me. I acquiesced, dropped the issue, and enjoyed his visit. I had never met his son, but if he was anything like the father i was sure, i would love him dearly. He left as was custom, and i knew it would be a good three months before i would see him again, but before he left, he gave me an armlet bearing his son's name, asking that i set it upon my arm as a seal. two days after he left, i crept out by the little gate in the garden, and as i walked along the road leading to the town i met two ladies. they were similar in age to me, and we struck up a conversation.

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment